Primary School sports Funding
The Government is allocating funding to all Primary Schools in England to help improve the quality of P.E and sports provision.
The premium must be spent by schools on making additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of all pupils to encourage the developemnt of healthy, active lifestyles.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
The aims of the funding is to:
- To increase pupil enjoyment, participation and progression in P.E lessons.
- To encourage children to want to participate in extra curricular sports clubs both inside and outside of school.
- To develop staff knowledge and skills in teaching P.E across areas such as gymnastics and outdoor sports such as football, tag rugby, hockey, netball, basketball, tennis, rounders, cricket and athletics.
We are continuing to offer a wide range of extra curricular clubs after school that children can take part in. If you require any further information about these clubs then please contact Mrs. Kate Wadling our Enrichment coordinator.
If you have any queries about school sport funding, or are involved in any sports clubs/associations outside of school and would like to promote them within the school, then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Miss J Grace